CFT Scholarships for High School Students and Continuing College Students
Raoul Teilhet Scholarships for High School Students and Continuing College Students
The CFT offers scholarships to high school seniors and college students who are children or dependents of CFT members in good standing. Students enrolled in four-year courses of study are eligible for $3,000 scholarships; those enrolled in two-year courses of study are eligible for $1,000.
Raoul Teilhet Scholarship applications and deadlines
- Award selection is based on academic achievement, special talents and skills, participation in extracurricular activities, community service, financial need, and a 500-word essay on a social issue of the applicant’s choice.
- Scholarships are awarded for any one year of higher education.
- Students must be listed as a dependent on their parents’ or guardians’ tax return to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Parents or guardians will be asked to have their local union president verify union membership.
- Students who received scholarships as high school seniors are not eligible for another scholarship during college.
Learn more about scholarships offered by the AFT and the AFL-CIO at http://cft.org/member-services/scholarships/national-scholarships.html